Beam and Block Flooring
CUBE6 design, manufacture and supply 150mm deep pre-cast concrete beams for the construction industry. We offer traditional beam and block, thermal and beam and pot flooring systems. Our goal is to provide the finest level of service along with a competitively priced quality product.
For floors in housing pre-cast concrete beam and block offers the following advantages over other types of flooring
- Quick and simple installation - no specialist teams or skills required.
- Provides Immediate Safe Working Platform - as soon as the pre-cast elements are installed the floor can safely be used allowing continuation by following trades.
- Minimal excavation of ground surface, removing the requirement of importing additional hardstanding material.
- All weather construction – can be installed in adverse weather conditions.
- Sound Insulation - helping to reduce noise transmittance to produce quieter homes.
- Flexibility of Design - the high load carrying capacity allows complete freedom of room design layouts.
- Rigid Floor - without the bounce or creaking associated with timber joists.
- Suitable for brown field developments and ideal on developments with restricted site access.
- Services pipe penetrations can be easily accommodated.
Traditional Beam and Block
The 150mm deep suspended pre-cast concrete beam and block floor system has been designed primarily for the housing market on both ground and upper floors. The beam is up to 40% lighter than any other beam on the market, making it easier to handle and position on site. It is designed and manufactured to BS8110 "The Structural use of Concrete".
The high strength concrete beam is reinforced with 5mm diameter pre-stressed steel wire. Spans up to 6m can be accommodated with standard domestic loads. Suitable for floor blocks from 650kg/m3 lightweight to 2000kg/m3 dense concrete, which can be delivered with the beams.
The CUBE6 Advantage
- Competitively priced quality pre-stressed concrete beams.
- Lighter beam section making it easier to handle on site.
- Ancillary items – infill blocks, polystyrene panels, infill pots, slip bricks, plastic void ventilators, air bricks and ceiling clips.
- Dedicated to excellent customer service.
- In house estimating, design team and planning functions.
- Easy to follow, project specific, layout drawings.
- Co-ordinated deliveries with mechanical off-load facilities.
- Available direct or through Builders Merchants
For a free estimate send your sketches or working layouts to us and we can provide you with a competitive quotation. Alternatively give us a call to discuss your requirements and answer any questions that you may have.